Glass designer & maker Paul Floyd will lead day classes on fused glass. This course incorporates our popular afternoon fusing workshops that we run and is an introduction to the craft of glass fusing.
On the course you will experiment with a range of fusing techniques and designs, allowing you to explore fused glass as a creative medium. Students will learn to develop a design, cut glass to a pattern and work with coloured sheet glass, frits, powders and inclusions.
Over the duration of the course you will create a series of glass samples, a light catcher and an original piece of glasswork. This can be either a panel or a medium sized round/square bowl 20cm diameter. Only 4 people per workshop for maximum individual attention.
- Starts: Thursday 17th January 2013
- Finishes: Thursday 14th February 2013
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Time: 10:00am till 12:00pm
- Costs: £115 (includes all materials & kiln-firings)
- Venue: Transparent Glass Studio, Ruskin Glass Centre, Wollaston Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 4HE
For more information and booking contact Paul Floyd or on the details below.
Studio: 01384 399412
Email Address: [email protected]