Join us for a fascinating day, learning how to make cold process soap. The course is led by our Clinical Aromatherapist who has over 10 years expertise in natural soap making, and is a fun day which is a mixture of theory and fun practical sessions. This will ensure you understand how to safely make real soap at home, with the opportunity to make your first batch of soap under our guidance. We only offer a limited number of spaces on each course (2 tutors to a class of 8-10). We allow you to make your own personal batch of soap (rather than having to work in a group). We organise our practical sessions so you have lots of one-to-one tuition and the chance to ask questions. These classes are only intended for anyone who wants to make soap at home, they are unsuitable for anyone wishing to understand the legislative requirements of starting a soap making business.
1 day class on: Saturday 21st March 2015
Class times: 9.30am— 4pm (arrive 9am for tea/coffee)
Cost: £99 per person (must be aged over 16 years)
Our classroom is upstairs, so participants must be able to walk up 20 steps.
- Choosing the right soap making equipment
- Selecting the right soap ingredients
- Safe soap making – including safety handling of sodium hydroxide/lye
- Beginners guide to blending essential oils
- Chemistry of saponification
- Lye calculators and formulating recipes
- Step by step cold-process soap making
- Understanding trace
- Curing and maturing soap
- Troubleshooting when it goes wrong
- Use of safety clothing and equipment
- Use of soap making equipment
- Soap making tuition
- Soap making ingredients and essential oils (there is a surcharge if you’d like to use expensive essential oils).
- Soap making instruction booklet
- Teas, coffees and light refreshments during the day
- 10% off voucher to use in our shop on the day of your course
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- You just need to bring a packed lunch, or you could buy lunch at the on-site organic café.
- An old towel, to wrap your soap mould in while it travels home.
- We’d advise that you wear old clothes, since soap making can be messy.
How to book:
To reserve a place on one of our classes please visit: http://www.naturalsoapworks.co.uk/Classes.aspx
We’ll need a £35 deposit from each participant, with the balance of the course fee paid (cash or debit/credit card) on the day of your course.Sarah King The Natural Soapworks Workshop 7, Ruskin Glass Centre Wollaston Road Stourbridge West Midlands DY8 4HF
Tel: 01384 399451